Tuesday, February 22, 2022

Day 1:Turangi

Today was about easing ourselves into the trip. For myself I spent the 3 hour cruise from home to Turangi  adjusting from planning mode to travel mode. Roughly this translates as spending the first half hour wondering what you have forgotten and the last half hour thinking you might kill for a beer. 
The south Waikato is still greening up after the recent drought but everything looked glorious today. I didn’t seem to have much luck with photos but I’ll include a few scenes 500m beyond what I actually wanted to capture! So for me it was a pleasant afternoon pootle. The bike is humming along nicely. None of the wheels fell off and all is as it should be. 
Dave Lear(I changed my mind, there is space for 2 Dave’s in my life) arrived at Whakamaru looking slightly frazzled. His trip across the Kaimais was a little more eventful with overturned logging trucks, road closures and then having a wasp inside his helmet for company at 100kph. 
Tomorrow we continue the transport down the island, ferry and overnight in Blenheim. After that it is business time..

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1SKNtFT7RU4dHHBsV0q25MFadZm6uL_yihttps://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1gasgyfPnQzuEPV-yXu7ZZ53nT_nsR9z-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Day 13: Homewards

So with all our off road options north from Hanmer blocked it had to be a cruise up state highway 1 along the east coast. Dave Mac made it v...